Thursday, March 6, 2014

Taste

I know I am a bit overdue on my posts! Studying abroad in the fall kept me very busy and I am finally updating my blog with projects I worked on under the instruction of the fabulous and inspiring Guido Incerti. In Florence, our first project was to design a pavilion for a wine festival that will take place in one of the main squares of the historical center. The concept developed out of inspiration for the barrels that wine is stored in. Line and contrast were two key elements that went into the final design. There are four main gathering areas in the pavilion. The lounge area, formal seating area, bar, and conference room for private parties. Circulation was very important. The three entrances allow occupants of the interior and those out in the square to move freely in and out of the space.