Saturday, April 28, 2012

Adaptive Reuse Depot Study Models


In the beginning of the design process I took my concept model and took the elements and principles of design and looked for ways to implement them into the depot. I played with many different spatial arrangements, focusing on the gallery space of the depot. The majority of the arrangements dealt with the modular walls that would be used to display art. Since Jennifer's work can vary in size, I was looking for something simple that would accommodate this. I wanted people to be able to sit and observe the art as well as stand either up close or at a distance. At first it was difficult to take my concept and relate it three dimensionally into a space. Overall it was a significant part of the design process and was a good, hands on way for me to make functional design decisions. It helped show me that it is important to have reasoning behind your decisions!